Monday, January 26, 2009

Second Post for Tonight.


I have to point out that I wrote an earlier post just a few hours ago, so go ahead and read that one too, it would be a shame if you didn't, because it is a real happy one. The reason I am writing this second one is that I've read everything on the Google reader and I have read all the comments and now it is an hour until bedtime and I am kind of killing time. Said I who claimed not to be addicted to the Internet.

I took the Überhund to the vet and he decided to give his eye a rest and not treat it anymore and see if the rest of it will heal by itself, seeing as though it really doesn't seem to be bothering him at all. The cloudiness doesn't seem to interfere with his vision, because he moves around in a darkened apartment just fine, quicker than I do. We do this in the middle of the night when I have to get up for some reason.

The poor dog just about has a fit when he sits in the waiting room waiting for the vet to come and get us. He moans and groans and whines and pulls at the leash and I have to be very firm with him and tell him to sit, but it is impossible to calm him down. He is just overwrought. He thinks bad things will happen there, although lately nothing of the kind has happened there at all. I go early, so we will be amongst the first people to be helped, but there is always someone ahead of me who had the same idea.

Anyway, the Überhund is so happy when we leave. He stumbles down the steps by the front door and pulls me along the sidewalk ready to cross the street. He is full of joy. And so am I, because I hate to see him so distraught and the vet is such a nice man, he doesn't deserve such a scared dog.

It's been a quiet evening home after that. It is freezing outside, so I've turned up the heater and it is toasty warm in here. Luckily, there has been no rain for the past few days and there has been lots of sunshine making the world look a bit more cheerful. It's tempting to smoke your cigarette outside during the break in therapy classes, but it's not quite that warm yet, so we all sit in that stinking smoker's room, that has no ventilation and where we inhale triple the amount of nicotine just by being there. Apparently, the ventilation stopped working one day and nobody has bothered to come and fix it, figuring we would enjoy the stale smoky air. Smokers are third class citizens. We get no respect, although there are people who don't smoke, but who enjoy our company so much, that they'll come sit with us anyway.

I do go sit in the other coffee room too and socialize there, so as not to be a complete stranger to the rest of the people. Different people, different conversations. Some more intellectually stimulating than others. It's just whatever you are in the mood for.

Today we sat at a table with three single woman of my age and one single man and the subject was dating and we women decided that we would just as easily date a nice woman as we would date a nice man, which was sort of off putting to the single man there and he felt a little superfluous. I don't think he quite knew how to react to that, but we were dead serious and we all said that we could just as easily develop a crush on a woman as we could on a man, providing she had the right character and attractiveness.

Oh, by the way, I didn't eat dog food. I ate lunch meat that I use to wrap the dog's pills in. I can't wait to go to the store tomorrow to see what sort of selection of lunch meats there is that may be agreeable to me. I have been thinking about it all day and I have really gotten an appetite for it.

Okay, now that's really all I've got to tell you for today. I am going to get my bedtime snack and watch a tiny bit of TV, but first get my pajamas on for the coziness of it.

Ciao...

5 comments:

Mean Mom said...

I've just caught up with your earlier post, too. I'm glad to read that you've had such a good day. Your therapists etc sound absolutely great. I think that I could do with some coaching in the confidence and assertiveness department.

I hope that the Uberhund can have a bit of a rest from visiting the vet, now. It's seems to have become a bit of a trial, for him.

I'm relieved to hear that you haven't been eating dog food!

Goodnight and sleep tight.

Maureen said...

Catching up with everything I've missed over these past few days too... my apologies for being away. Good to hear things went well at the vet's... and I have to giggle at the uberhund and his nerves; especially on his "get away". All the best!

Maggie May said...

Glad you put me right about the dog meat! LOL

Is it my imagination, or has it got much colder?
I will need to wrap up warm today.

Take care Irene, whatever you decide to do today. Have a good day. X

John M. Mora said...

like the night header...have you ever read "the night kitchen?" not sure why that popped into my head...

Babaloo said...

Just catching up with your posts here. Glad your appointments went well and that everyone seems to agree on the right course etc.

Poor Überhund, he must really be afraid of the vet! Not sure what can be done about that, except praising and treating him when you go and he behaves well.

Did you get some nice lunch meat? I'm currently on a bit of a diet (just watching what I eat and cutting out the cr*p food), so I'm naturally obsessed with food right now. ;)