Monday, January 26, 2009

A Splendid Day.


I thought I would title this post optimistically to get you all in the right mood. That way, if I do go on about something, you will forgive me and read on to the next happy bit.

I am sitting here quite cozily with my mug of decaf and the Überhund at my feet, while I am being scrutinized by some cats. I don't know why this is, but I've decided to ignore them, because their dishes are full and I don't know what other meaning I can have for them.

It's been a good and educational day, in that I had my second evaluation with both my therapists from the classes and my SPN and the head of the department and it all went well and I really think I am in good hands. Within the shortest amount of time, they had me pegged down and described the areas in which I still need help and growth in confidence and assertiveness, but they said it in such a kind and caring way, that I could only agree and hope that in the next 4 months I will be able to work on those areas with their help and see myself improve with leaps and bounds and get to the place I want to be.

Really, you never met a nicer bunch of caring women, who are so gentle and kind and who want so much for you to succeed and they will do anything to help you. And they compliment you too, where that is due. So it isn't like you only very gently get criticized. They shower you with goodwill and you leave the meeting feeling as if you've received a dose of good luck. So I am good in my skin now, as they say here.

I had my creative therapy class this morning, so I haven't spent a lot of time at home today. I am doing something completely different from the usual collages that I always make. Now I am making a painting with acrylics and I am having much fun with it. It is abstract and I drew the shapes with pencil and now I am filling it in with paint, which is a painstaking process, but right up my alley. I love working with the paint and a little brush. It's such peaceful work and I love to be caught up in it. It''s almost a shame when we have our coffee break, because I want to keep working. I have done the greens first and will now move to the reds. Then I will add golden yellow.

I am tempted to copy a Mondriaan, but I have to find a good picture of one. It would be interesting to do 'Boogy Woogy', but I don't know if I will have the patience for it, you now, the measuring and everything.

Picasso is a good one to copy also, although it may be good just to be inspired by him and then to come up with something of my own. I am not even going to attempt to copy Van Gogh or to pretend to be inspired by him. Such greatness I could not reach.

I am taking the Überhund to the vet tonight to have him look at his eye and to get some more pills for his osteoarthritis. They work very well, but of course the Überhund will be a nervous wreck, like he always is. That one big shot he had there, spoiled it for him forever and now he does nothing but tremble when we are there.

I found a cute top in my closet that I forgot I had and I'm wearing it now. My small closet is so packed with clothes that it is hard to see what I've got and I really need to get something bigger. I may look in the second hand goods store to see if they have something there that is a little better.

Well, that's it for me for today. I've got to watch a bit of the news and then go to the vet. Have a great night, everyone. At least the weather is halfway decent.

Ciao...

7 comments:

Bev said...

Well, it does sound like 'A Spendid Day':0)

Forgot to say I found yesterday's mandala quite sausage-like, I don't know why...

Love your description of the cats looking at you.

aims said...

I don't think I could ever be one of those women who gave you such a great review. I just don't know how to do that. But I know exactly what you mean. You do come away feeling good - even though they give you a bit of a thumping.

I'm too - what would the word be - intense? And my frown lines don't help when I'm trying to get my nice words across.

Anyway - are you saying you ate some of the dog's food?

What an odd thing to do - but I know they have great food for animals. Glad he is okay my friend. Even though he is a scaredy-cat. :0)

lebanesa said...

so you survived the sausage then? I was holding my breath. LOL
Those therapists sound just right for you. I do agree that it is unhelpful to just get put down and controlled, positive and constructive is always best, I think. It works in teaching, so why not in therapy, especially for fragile and sensitive souls. You need all the support and building up you can get.
Keep well and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Lane Mathias said...

I'm glad you've got so immersed in your painting. I really enjoy using acrylics, quick drying but the colours stay so true.

Hope the Uberhund didn't find the vets too stressful.

Maggie May said...

Sounded a lovely day to me.
Glad you are getting into painting in a big way! It is relaxing to do any craft, I think.
Have a peaceful night, Irene X

Maureen said...

All this talk of artwork is giving me the itch to paint again. I love to oil paint, but I have to be in the right mood for it.

I hope I can find time for it again soon. The winter is always the best time to do that sort of thing.

Wisewebwoman said...

I caught myself looking at sketch pads the other day, Irene and then I desperately wanted charcoal pencils and I couldn't find them. need to get to an art store. I loved charcoal at one point. You inspire me no end with your art.
XO
WWW