Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Good Nap and Some Help.


The day has gone by quickly in spite of the fact that it didn't feel like it was going to be a good day. I was on a low burner and couldn't quite get my act together until my sister called me to ask if I wanted to go for a walk with the dogs. That was enough motivation for me to get dressed, although not made up, but who cares, and I met her at her house. We walked a ways into the neighborhood until we came to an outside path were there was lots of greenery and places for the dogs to mark each other's spots by turns.

I kept the Überhund on the leash, because he is kind of confused nowadays and I don't trust him not to go walking off and not to come back because he is with his head in the clouds. As far as the length of the roll out leash permitted, he was very busy, though, and ran from one side of the path to the other, being very occupied with the various smells of other dogs that had been there.

The trees and the shrubbery are getting green buds and some of them are quite far along in the process, so we got a good look at that. Walking back into the neighborhood, we saw greenery on some of the hedges and a giant weeping willow tree covered in new green leaves. It was a beauty.

When we got to the field, I let the Überhund off the leash and he sauntered ahead very merrily, while he kept looking around to see if I was coming along.We walked past the school and he is supposed to wait at the corner, but he kept right on going. I called him, but he turned a deaf ear. I quickly ran after him, but he started running too and I finally caught up with him at the next corner before he had to cross the street. So he was definitely being naughty. When we got home, he was worn out and could not even eat his Bonzo bone, but laid down with it for half an hour before he could eat it.

I looked at the state of my apartment and could not for the life of me figure out how I was going to make it look good again. It was the vacuuming that I had to do that was causing me the most amount of grief and it was a job that I just could not handle. So, I called in the relief troops.

Actually, I called the Exfactor and asked him if he would vacuum for me, because then everything else would be so much easier. He said, of course, and that he would be here later in the afternoon. Which was a good thing, because just then the electricity went off and I remembered a letter I had gotten that had told me that the electricity would be off until 3:30 PM.

Not being able to do anything, I decided to take a nap and I slept until 3:30 shortly after which the electricity came on again and the Exfactor arrived. He tore through the apartment with the vacuum cleaner and had the whole thing looking great in the shortest amount of time. I was ever so grateful. It was a load of my mind. To top it all off, he had brought me a container of my favorite dessert and told me to call him whenever I needed any help. I will take him up on that.

I am not quite awake yet, but in 10 minutes I need to take my medicines and walk the dog. Now that I know what an escape artist he is, I will never let him off the leash again.

Here are some photographs that the Exfactor took this afternoon when he was on a bike ride.



Ciao...

8 comments:

VioletSky said...

Nice photos from the exfactor.
Doesn't all that burgeoning greenery make you smile? (it seems to made the Uberhound happy to be in it!)

Jeannette StG said...

I had forgotten how green Holland can be. Nice, that uou have people close to you, who you can ask for help!

lebanesa said...

Lovely pics and good for you that you remembered a reliable friend when you were at a low moment. Now you are halfway there with your cleaning up and it is always better to be down in clean surroundings - LOL
So the knight was able to rescue the damsel.
hugs and well done getting help when you needed.

Maggie May said...

Lovely photos, Irene & so glad the Exfactor managed to come round & help with the vacuuming. He is reliable in that way.
Tomorrow is a new day. You will feel better.X

Breakfast in California said...

How nice that he'll come clean for you!! It's gloomy here today, and cool again. We had a bit of warmth to tease us.

laurie said...

i'm sorry you had a tough day but you knew just what to do. and good for you for calling, and good for the ex for resposnding. it's good to know that help is on the way.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

A quick visit, I will be back to read your post and see your photos...I found a group I wanted to share with you
www.BookArtz.com is a group you can join that does altered books...I joined today but havn't looked around much yet!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh it looks like they arn't that active....sorry! Still you never know..and there's some inspiring photos!