Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Oh darn, it's late again!


I'm sitting here with a glass of milk (no coffee, thank you) and I think I should go to bed, but I want to stay up just a little while longer to give you fair warning that I have changed my template and the name of my blog to the one that it was over at Wordpress. Just for the form, I have put in a small picture of some sunflowers, but it was really beside the point. I don't really need a picture to justify my name, just like I don't need an apology for having two bowls of goldfish on my header. I just liked them a lot and would like to stick my hand in the very full one and stir the fish around. I do think the water would get awfully clouded quickly and it would have to be changed every hour.

I told myself that I would make it to bed before midnight, so that is my goal. You will never know if I make it, because I can put whatever time I want on the post when I publish it, though I'll probably be honest and post the real time. I'm not very good at lying when it comes down to it, unless something very important depends on it.

I'm sitting here in my gray cardigan in my warm apartment with Tyke by my feet so that I have to sit with my legs at an awkward angle. This is causing me some knee pain, but I'm blaiming that on old age. Can't blame it on the dog, oh no. He's sound asleep and gone from this world, but I know that as soon as I get up, he will be wide awake again and want to play with all of his toys in the middle of the night.

I have to go to bed now and before that I have to take my medicines and get into my pajamas and let Tyke out one more time to see if he'll do a piddle. Listen, I don't have the slightest idea what I'm doing half of the time, so just bear with me. It will be alright, I think. I will come out okay at the other end.

Ciao,
Nora

3 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

i think you'll be Ok too. I eyeballed this template myself at on point...i love water and fish and the fish jumping in to the bowl by itself reminds me of myself. When things get hectic
and crowded i seek solitude.
have a good night :)

Jeannette StG said...

You're funny Irene (about the fish bowls)! My question: ahat does the female profile pic mean to you?

Elaine Denning said...

I LOVE everything about this template...the colours, the font, the sidebar on the left. But I especially love the fish. Wish I'd found it!