Tuesday, July 20, 2010

After a long night's sleep...

I managed to sleep from 10 o'clock last night until 6 o'clock this morning. I think that was partly because I was not at all interested in sitting behind the computer and doing anything blog related. As a matter of fact, I felt an aversion to my blog and my compulsion to keep wanting to change the design of it.

I think I keep wanting to change the design of it to make it a better blog, while I know that it doesn't depend on the appearance but on the contents.Lately I have felt that I don't have much of importance to say, yet I feel compelled to write to prove myself wrong. Every post looks alike and I feel that I'm only repeating myself post after post with the same unimportant ingredients.

I talk about how much I sleep and how much coffee I drink and about taking Tyke for walks. I actually lead a very boring life and from that I somehow have to put together a post that's interesting enough for people to want to read.

I think I'm not capable of doing it and the realization of it is hitting me hard and putting some fear into my heart. This makes me do things such as change the design every time I turn around. It also wants to make me change the title of my blog to fit the design I find.

Desperate people do desperate things, so I have decided instead not to be so fixated on my blog and to turn the computer off often during the day.

In the meantime, I have managed to get an appointment to have Tyke trimmed and bathed tomorrow morning at 10 o'clock. There was a cancellation and that's why I managed to get him in so quickly. Otherwise it would have taken much longer. It will be so nice to get that done, because he really looks like a raggedy dog now. He almost looks like he has dreadlocks.

I've just taken him for a walk and it was still lovely out. It was just the right temperature. The sun was not to hot and there was still a bit of a breeze. It's going to be a hot day today, though, and I'm not looking forward to that. I have to go see my SPN this afternoon and I have to go on my bike, but hopefully that will be pleasant, as I will catch a breeze while I ride it.

I'm going to finish doing the laundry now. I never did get done with that yesterday. I have no reason why I didn't. I just forgot about it.

Have a nice day.

Ciao,
Nora

4 comments:

Gail said...

Remember to do a before and after picture...this I have to see!

lebanesa said...

maybe time to look into what clases or therapy groups are available. Tell your SPN that your boredom is making you depressed and affecting your self-esteem. You may find a kick-start of some sort will get you going on a creative line again.
hugs
xxx

CorvusCorax12 said...

i like this background, but i'm prepared for something different tomorrow...I'm sure your creative juices will return, there is always ebbs and flows , just don't let it add to your stress. I keep coming back no matter what ♥

Wisewebwoman said...

Time to get creative my dear,a bit of painting? collage?
I find when my Black Dog starts pacing I need to break the routine and try something a little different.
You write of the ordinary so well, you have multiple talents, put them on the clothesline with the clothes!
XO
WWW