Sunday, October 31, 2010

Daylight Saving's Time.


I slept through the whole night. Well, I did wake up twice, once to go to the toilet and once to let Tyke out who was gently growling at me, trying to get my attention. I went to bed early, though, and slept well into the morning, or so I thought. Then I heard the man on the radio say that we all had to turn our clocks back one hour, so it really was only 5 o'clock in the morning instead of 6. That was a bit of a disappointment. Here I had done this marathon sleep and I wasn't even getting full credit for it.

I sat behind the computer for a full hour with 2 glasses of cold milk and thought everything was gloom and doom and awful and horrible, until I realized that I needed to make coffee and that all would be well then. So I did. It was a tough process, putting the paper filter into the machine and measuring the coffee, I did a slapdash job and figured anything would be alright, as long as it tasted halfway decent. I was so unhappy and couldn't wait for it to get done. 

I had to make cigarettes on top of that and went to work and when the coffee was done, I very quickly downed a cup and waited for it to work, which it very quickly did. Thank goodness! I became a totally different person with a whole new outlook on life and all was well, especially after I had my second cup. If the sun had started to shine and the birds had started to chirp, I wouldn't have been surprised. It was a metamorphosis. How did I ever think I would make it on a deserted island? I would miss the coffee and cigarettes too much and go stark raving mad.

Right now, I couldn't be happier and all is well with the world. I've just taken my medicines, but not my tranquilizers, which I had only taken one of during the day yesterday and didn't miss one bit. I would have taken 6 of them, but I figured that they were one of the causes why I was so tired all the time, which is great when you go to bed at night and need to go to sleep, but which is not nice when you need to be awake and alert during the day. So, forget the tranquilizers during the day. 

For a change, I'm happy that the day is starting. so maybe this extra hour is good for me. It is like getting something free for nothing. Of course, it will be different at the end of the day when it will be dark early and I'll sit here with the lights on prematurely. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Experience will tell and I'll let you know. Maybe it won't be all that painful. 

I forgot to take out those stud earrings during the night, but much to my surprise my ears haven't swollen up to the size of Brussels sprouts, nor have they started to itch. It may just be my lucky day. It would be very nice if it turned out that I can wear these without any problems, because then I can go back to the drugstore and buy this brand all the time, because that's all they sell. Sometimes a person does get lucky and things work out just the way they had hoped for. I would be very grateful if they did. It's the little things that make the world go around. 

I have to take Tyke out for a walk. he's been out back, but I'm sure there's more where that came from. So, I have to get dressed and comb my hair so I look halfway decent. It's not very cold outside, but it is going to rain, though it isn't at the moment. I do have to take the opportunity and go while I can. 

Have a good Sunday!

Ciao,
Nora

4 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

our time doesn't change till next weekend...it always goofs me up a little. Have a nice day ♥

Lane Mathias said...

Ears like 'brussel sprouts'. I love that.

Glad the earrings were a success. Fingers crossed these are your 'brand'.

Bernie said...

Hi Nora, I did read this post and thought I had left a comment, I know I voted on your poll reading this post.....I think you should have as many blogs as you want, sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with them all but I will try. I think you are such a good writer and you always share your days with us which I enjoy.
......:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful picture accompanying today's post. I often feel like some coffee to wake me up but as I don't drink caffeine I have to just have water.

CJ xx