Monday, March 07, 2011

On a sunny day...


I just walked Tyke in the sunshine and it was a true pleasure. I had not expected to enjoy it so much. I thought I didn't like the bright sun in a clear blue sky, but today I was mistaken. I went out there with some apprehension, but I immediately felt good and made the walk longer than I had planned. I think Tyke enjoyed it too. 

I was going to pay attention to the flowers that were in peoples' front gardens, but I forgot to do that. I was so busy paying attention to what Tyke was doing. He was scampering around at the end of the leash, trying to get into every bush and behind every tree we ran into. He was like a toddler set loose in the playground. I wanted to see which bulbs were blooming and now I still don't have the vaguest idea. I will have to try and pay attention at the next walk.

I thought it was going to be cold outside, but it was actually very pleasant. It did freeze last night, but it has warmed up since then. It really does feel like a spring day out there and it should. It is March. I know some of you still have snow, but I think that we can expect some better weather now. We do live in a temperate climate, after all.

I picked out a brand new outfit to wear and all my clothes smell of washing powder and perfume. It's a pleasure to wear them. I had thought about what I was going to wear earlier and when I got ready to get dressed, all I had to do was reach into my closet and get the clothes off their hangers. It's a cheerful outfit that matches the day and my mood. 

It will also get me motivated to do the chores I have to do. There aren't that many, but enough to keep me from reading my book for a while. I'm not too house proud and can easily let things go for a while, but my sense of duty does get the better of me in the end. I can be lazy for a day, but that's my limit. I do feel compelled to set things right after that. And if I look good, the apartment has to look good too. 

I'm not going to take a nap this afternoon. I really feel that it would be a waste of time. If I do get sleepy, I'm going to take Tyke for an extra walk. I may as well enjoy the nice weather. I only regret that I don't live closer to the countryside. A good walk through the woods and meadows would be nice right now. It's too bad that I'm a town dweller. Pavement and asphalt are not good alternatives to a country lane. 

I'm going to get the show on the road. I must do my chores before I can plan the rest of the afternoon. 

Have a good day.

Ciao,
Nora

4 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

sounds like a good day...enjoy :)

aims said...

Sounds indeed like a wonderful day! Sunshine really does help - it helps our bodies and our brains.

I adore this pic you've chosen. I could easily place myself there - the smell of the leaves on the ground - the quiet - the trees whispering overhead.....wow...

Bev said...

I was walking in the sunshine today as well. I notice there is a red sky tonight so that must mean there is going to be a sunny day tomorrow as well.

I noticed daffodils out today. It is the first time I have seen them x

Irene said...

Yes Bev, its going to be another beautiful day here today too. I'm glad you saw the daffodils. They are such cheerful flowers. I still forgot to look. Most of the gardens were in the shade, so there was nothing noticeable. I have to walk a different route of southern facing gardens. I'm sure I'll see something then. I'm waiting for the tulips.

XOX