Monday, August 01, 2011

Multiple cups of coffee...


For some reason the domestic help didn't show up this afternoon. In a way it was good because It gave me the opportunity to take a long nap. I needed it because I had gotten up early this morning after I had been up half the night. I was very tired and dragging my butt. The nap got me over the worst of it.

Needless to say, I needed lots of coffee when I got up. I was even in a bad mood when I first woke up and had to face the last little bit of the afternoon. As if it was such a huge undertaking. You'd have thought that somebody had asked me to walk a mile for a cigarette. I couldn't have been grumpier, but a cup of coffee got me over that quickly. 

I'm still yawning now, but I think that's a good sign. I assume that means that I'll sleep well tonight. I'll stop drinking coffee anyway and switch to cold milk. There's no need to get a caffeine high. 

I'm wearing my size 14 skinny jeans that I tried to shrink in very hot water, but they're still too big on me. I had to put a belt around them so they wouldn't keep sliding down my hips. I had to hitch them up continually. The belt is a good solution and now I feel at ease and like I can walk around normally. I can even jump up and down if I want to without embarrassing myself. Belts are great inventions. 

It was supposed to be a warm day today, but the sun didn't come out until some time in the afternoon. There was a cloud cover before that time and it was kind of chilly. It is just now getting pleasantly warm outside and the afternoon is almost over. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 83F, but I'll wait and see if that's really going to be the case or if half of the day is going to be cold again.

The dog is sound asleep beneath the dining table, oblivious of everything. I still have to take him for a walk and it will be nice to be out there in the sunshine. He was on the bed with me when I took my nap and I think he wasn't quite done sleeping when I got up. He's snoring now.

The cat slept beside my head on the pillow. She leaves just enough room for me to put my head down. Lying beside my pillow isn't good enough for her anymore. She has to get more up close and personal than that. She's a good cat, though, and I'm willing to share the space. As long as she doesn't fart. She does do that sometimes.

The sun is shining on the windows and I can see where the dog slobbered on them. I have to go and clean that up. It looks terrible and like someone doesn't care. 

Have a nice evening you all.

Ciao,
Nora






1 comment:

Maggie May said...

Hmmmmmh!
A farting cat by your head! Not a good prospect for a nights sleep!

I wish you wouldn't gloat about the size 14 jeans! LOL!

It has been very humid here all day and still no storm to lighten the atmosphere.
Hope you are having a cool evening and a refreshing nights sleep.
Maggie X

Nuts in May