Friday, October 14, 2011

Getting colder...


It's in the middle of the night and I'm sitting here acting like I'm awake, which I may not quite be.  I'm waiting for the coffeemaker to get done so I can have some much needed caffeine. I'm only half the woman I can be without it. Never let it be said that I can function without my cup of coffee because it isn't so. I need it like flowers need rain.

I can't believe today is Friday again. The week has flown by. It seems like only yesterday since I started out so cheerfully. At least, that's how I remember me starting. It went by very quickly anyway and I think I got enough done. It was a full week by my standards. The most fun was picking out my new glasses, although I now have to wait a while before I get to wear them. 

We've gone from wet, windy weather to the cold, sunny kind. Yesterday I had to close the windows and turn on the heater because the dog started shivering from the cold. I can't have that. I did feel awfully sorry for him and am thinking about buying him a sweater at the pet store. I think he's too naked in his newly trimmed fur. 

I've got heartburn and I'm not a happy camper. I've had it ever since I had ketchup with my dinner last night. I hadn't eaten it in a very long time and it didn't agree with me at all. I've been chewing antacid tablets and now I've only got one left. The coffee isn't really agreeing with me either. What I really need is something very soothing. I'll just have to drink water, although I wonder if drinking some sort of tea would be better.

 
I've got to go back to bed. It isn't nearly time to stay up yet and I've got some hours left to sleep. Going back to bed in the middle of the night is always a pleasure because it's when I do my best sleeping. It's when I'm no longer dependent on my sleeping pill. 

It's a short post, but that's all I've got in me right now. Blame my stomach's  discomfort. 

I hope you will all have a nice day once you are up and about. 

Ciao,
Nora


3 comments:

Maggie May said...

I can't eat or drink anything after 6 pm because I have a hiatus hernia that causes severe heartburn with reflux.
I am on medication for this.
Lying down makes anything I've had,squirt back up my gullet so I have to lie with several cushions to prop me up. It can get very painful.
Hope you won't have any further trouble if you cut out the tomato sauce.
It is sunny today but decidedly cooler.
Hope you are enjoying your Friday.
They do seem to be going round fast, Fridays & weekends I mean.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Gail said...

I hope you feel better when you wake up.

Wisewebwoman said...

What Gail sez.
XO
WWW