Saturday, October 22, 2011

It won't work...


I lived under the mistaken assumption that I could function on just one cup of heated up coffee and I turned out to be wrong. It doesn't work at all. It's like there's no caffeine left in it after it has been sitting for a few hours and it has been heated up again. It's a cheap and easy way to try and get your kicks. 

I'm making proper coffee now and in a moment I'm going to have a real cup of it. Then I'll really start functioning and not sit here like this bleary eyed woman that I am in the middle of the night. The old coffee was poured down the drain where it belonged and where it should have gone in the first place. Good riddance. 

Since it's already officially Saturday, I should be in a festive mood and I'll try and remember to be that right now. I must put on a party hat, except that I think I have no such item in the apartment. I don't have a lampshade that will fit either. I will have to give expression to my happy mood in an other way. 

Actually, the place I really belong is my bed. I got woken up prematurely by the dog again who licked me awake because he had to go out. I don't mind being woken up like that, but I was sound asleep. It was pleasant, however, to cool off my sweaty body in the cool night air by the back door. 

As Johan Cruyff says: every disadvantage has its advantage. 

I hope you'll all have a good Saturday. 

Ciao,
Nora



5 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

i absolutely can not drink reheated coffee ...yuckaroo lol, have a good weekend :)

Wisewebwoman said...

A long time ago I made the decision to only service myself the best cup of coffee. That meant freshly roasted beans, a good grinder and excellent coffee brewer.
One of my few non-guilty pleasures.
XO
WWW

Wisewebwoman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Phillips said...

I like to see the Johan Cruyff picture and quote on your blog.

rasta said...

hi nora..
i'm rasta....still new in blogging..
love read your blog...
please comment in my new post..
i'm still learning about writting
About allergy if wrong please..teach me.....