Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wakefulness during the midnight hours...


It's only normal that I'm awake now. After all, what else should I be doing in the middle of the night? God forbid I should sleep like normal people do. That would be unheard of and it would be an unimaginable act. I may wish for it to happen, but that's like wishing for the Titanic not to have sunk. It would be a miracle in the annals of history. Not that I put that much importance on myself. 

I always make the best of it and enjoy these hours as much as I can. When handed lemons, I make lemonade. Actually, I think that is one of the things my stomach couldn't handle right now. It would go into a major uproar if I tried to drink that. 

But making these midnight hours as pleasant as possible is my goal. I'm not going to sit here in a state of dejection because I'm not asleep like I'm supposed to be. I know there will always be enough time to sleep and that in the end I will not suffer a shortage of it. That's the benefit of my lifestyle. I do decide when I can take a nap to catch up on it. I do love my afternoon naps, after all.

I'm sitting here with my funky reading glasses from the drugstore on. They are really not so very good and I have to be an exact distance away from the screen in order to be able to see the words properly. But then again, they are probably not the right strength and they were cheap. 

I'm expecting much improvement when I get my varifocals, although I have no idea what kind of experience that will be. I imagine that I'll have to peek through the bottom part of the lenses while I tilt my head in order to see right, but maybe it's not all that bad. That's one of the reasons why I'm impatient to have them. I'm imagining too many different scenarios right now. I bet none of them will be the right one. 

Trying to drink a glass of cold milk now is only partially agreeing with me. My stomach is protesting a bit. It doesn't quite want to co-operate yet. I was awfully thirsty and wanted something nice and cold. It's hard to figure out what to eat or drink. The chicken soup that I had last night settled well and it's the first real food I ate that stayed down. I will have it again tonight and every night until my stomach is completely better. However long that will take. 

I will go back to bed. I can sit here forever and write all sorts of nonsense about whatever enters my head. It is time to get some sleep however. I do have a comfortable bed to go to. It's not the bed fit for a queen that I'd like to have, but it will do for now.

I hope you're all having a good night and that you'll have a good morning when you get up. 

Ciao,
Nora


3 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Have a wonderful Tuesday -- see you tomorrow! xo

Maggie May said...

Well the night is well and truly over. Hope today has been kind to you. The weather has been sunny, over here.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Wisewebwoman said...

sleep well, rest restores.
XO
WWW