Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Things to ponder at night...

I feel ever so slightly ill as if I'm getting the flu. When I was lying in bed, I had the chills and I had a funny feeling in my chest as if a malady was settling there. I'm not quite myself right now, but I never do get properly sick and I'm sure that by the morning, I'll be right as rain again. That big virus that's been going around hasn't floored me yet. I seem to have a good immune system. People around me get ill, but I never do. 

I've got an appointment with my therapist in the morning. I haven't seen her in quite a while. An appointment I had with her before Christmas was canceled and a lot has happened since then. You see that I manage quite well without her. It's not necessary to discuss every detail of what is happening in my life with her, but it will be good to touch base with her. I feel less need to have all sorts of help and back up and reassurances. I do feel capable of independent thought and taking independent actions. 

I find that people close to me function well as listening posts also. I talk to them about things and they don't even have to give me advice. I just tell them what I run up against and make my own decisions. All they really have to do is sit and listen and sympathize as much as they can. It's for me to get the story straight in my mind. The Exfactor serves that purpose very well. He is a good listener without wanting to give all sorts of advice. I get to clear my head and put things in order. That's all I really need. 

I think smart actions result from a combination of listening to your instincts and using your intelligence. If you ignore your gut reactions, you'll go off in the wrong direction, but you've got to keep your wits about you too. I'm unsure how closely instinct and intelligence in people are related. That's something I've never researched. It would be an interesting subject to read about. 

I will go back to bed. I should take something against aches and pains. That's typical for flu, isn't it? I will wish myself well. I will imagine my body fighting whatever bug it's got while I'm comfortably esconded under the duvet. 

Ciao,
Nora









5 comments:

Gail said...

Hope you're not getting the kind of bug that waylaid me Christmas Eve. I am just now coming out of that one. Many have had it here, some sort of flu/cold thing.

You will be happy, I hope, to know my head is more together than it was. Pain has a way of messing everything up.

I am taking one pill at night to help me rest and the rest is vitamins. Hope I stay on the road to recovery.

You are sounding very good, my friend.

CorvusCorax12 said...

oh i hope you didn't catch a bug either

Bernie said...

Just popped in to say good night since I just spoke to you. I do hope you feel better real soon, xo

Maggie May said...

Hoping you will not go on to develop something nasty. I often get like that but it doesn't turn into anything.
Must have a strong constitution!
Hope the day goes well.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

VioletSky said...

I will also wish you well.
Whenever I need to talk things through with someone, I have to choose very carefully who that someone will be. I don't want to be given advice or sympathy, I want to be listened to and maybe even be challenged so that I can determine my own course of action.