Saturday, April 28, 2012

Of course, of course...


I am sitting here with a strong cup of coffee. I need it because I am so sleepy. I want to take a nap at every opportunity. I think that is because I've quit smoking. It seems to me that I had this reaction before. Of course, I can't keep sleeping. I will have to get up now and then too. I hope this coffee gives me some perkiness. I only made one cup because I thought it would be enough but I may have to make more. 

Of course, taking naps is one way to get through the day if I can't smoke. It does occupy my time. I have to think of things to do to keep my mind off the cigarettes that I can't have. If I just sit in my armchair without anything to do it gets too difficult. I do need to be a bit diverted. This morning there were cultural programs on televsion that helped me keep my mind busy. Now I'm trying to do the same thing with the internet. 

I make it sound like I'm having a heck of a time not smoking but it really isn't that bad. It's all within the limits of my control. I'm not going crazy yet with withdrawal but I ám having an allergic reaction to the nicotine patches. Where they are and have been, I have perfect squares of bright red skin. That does make you think, doesn't it? 

Because it's the weekend, I don't have much on the program. On top of that it's a three day weekend because on Monday it is Queen's Day and that is a national holiday. Actually, I can be as lazy as I want to be and that's the nice part about it. I can take naps whenever I want. As long as I take care of the animals, I can have totally unstructured days and nights. I'm sure there's some advantage to that.

It's actually a warm day here today and it feels like it's 23 degrees Celcius outside. Isn't that unbelievable? I've got the kitchen window wide open so I can smell the fresh air. Unfortunately, there's hardly any wind so there's not much of a draft. Still, I mustn't complain. It was raining during the night and now it's dry, although the sun is not out completely. I hope the weather stays good like this for the whole three day weekend. The queen deserves good weather to celebrate her day in. 

The coffee has perked me up properly and I am functioning again. One cup turned out to be enough but it was a strong one. I think the dog wants to go for a walk so I better take him now. He acts like it's urgent. Of course, he always does. 

Have a nice day.

Ciao,
Irene


3 comments:

Maggie May said...

I can remember wearing HRT patches once and they left me red raw under neath and in the end I had to abandon that idea.
Hoping you are going on fine with not smoking.
It is freezing cold here. The worst April for years.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

ArcticFox said...

the patches are (speaking from experience of the ones I've seen) just a nicotine replacement - they're not actually nicotine but just designed to work instead of it.... yes they do make your skin red and they do tend to itch when you sleep... I found the lozenges worked better for me....
How about when you feel the urge, just pick up a camera or something and go and find something to "snap" - it will occupy mind and hands quite nicely until your thoughts are elsewhere?
Good luck and keep it up :)

CorvusCorax12 said...

wish you good luck with it..i hope you got some nice weather...a little chilly here