Sunday, May 20, 2012

Becoming whole...


I would like to sit on top of a hill in a colorful meadow and watch the sun come up right now. The moment is perfect for it. At least, that's how it is with my mood. The weather might not quite co-operate because it is overcast. It would be hard to see a pretty dawn. The sun might be a bit obscured. 

The thought of sitting on a colorful hill is appealing, though. I mean for it to be covered with wildflowers that I would not pick because they would not last long in a vase. Years ago I might have tried that but I've since grown wiser. I'd  leave them where they belong now. 

It is still early in the morning and I've been up for a while. I have no reason to be up already except that I think I'm done sleeping. It's not as if I've got an exciting day ahead of me. I could cry at the thought of the emptiness of it. I will instead try to think of the potential it carries. 

I've got to remember to see the glass half full. 

I can always talk myself into counting my blessings and geting excited about the least little detail in my life that will add some color to it. I'm very good at self delusion, you could say. That is a blessing in itself. I learned to do this as a child when there was a lot of strive around me from which I had to emotionally escape. It wasn't the presence of good experiences that created happiness. It was the absence of bad ones that did it.

I think I will go back to bed and try to sleep some more. The animals are still in a sleepy mode so I may as well also be. 

Have a good Sunday.

Ciao,
Irene


4 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

i hope you have a good day regardless...long weekend in our neck of the woods, at least the weather is cooperating

Wisewebwoman said...

Ah the solar eclipse day, you missed it too. Love meadows, though mine is full of both dandelions and forgetmenots which make such a pretty contrast.
XO
WWW

Rob-bear said...

Such a beautiful image; a hill covered with beautiful flowers. Perhaps even fragrant. Our view is pretty much wall-to-wall green (grass and trees), with some tennis courts thrown in for contrast. Plus, of course, the river and a derelict bridge.

I hope you've had a wonderful day. Self-delusion notwithstanding. (Sometimes that is a useful talent.)

Trust the animals. They're the ones who know when it's time to get up. "Never miss a chance to snooze," is their motto. Being a Bear, I naturally agree.

Maggie May said...

Wish I could sit on the hill with you & we could watch the flowers together.
Hoping you feel better soon.
The weather is sunny & hotting up. Hope its going your way too.
Maggie X

Nuts in May