Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Early on a Tuesday morning...


I am all out of tranquilizers so I didn't take one last night before I went to sleep. As a result, I didn't sleep as much as I usually do. I was a little bit off balance this morning when I got up but a cup of coffee soon fixed that. I was up very early but I can always take a nap later in the day if I feel like it. Today is not going to be a busy day at all so there will be lots of opportunity for it.

That one tranquilizer at night was the only one I took anymore. I knew I was running out and purposely didn't get a refill. I wanted to get off them because I realized I was under the influence of them when I got up in the middle of the night and sat behind the computer. I do want my mind to be as clear as it can be at all times and that was not the case. I was always a little bit high when I wrote my blog posts. 

I also take a sleeping pill. It's more a "fall asleep" pill and is only supposed to work for a few hours. I take the lowest dose but I'm sure I'm hooked on it too and it would be nice if I got off that one also. I must try that in the near future, although my psychiatrist said once that it is not a high priority. I will first see how well I do without the tranquilizers and then see about that sleeping pill. There's no rush, of course. 

Maybe I will be like a newborn woman and get lots of energy without the tranquilizer. It is nice to fantasize about. It would be great to have a little more get up and go. Sometimes I feel lazy but I wonder if I'm just not drugged. Time will tell. 

The dog is still asleep on the sofa. He won't be ready to start the day for a while. It's much too early for him. I'm ready to get the day started but I wouldn't know what to do with it right away. I have nothing pressing on my agenda. That's the problem. I don't have a busy enough schedule when I feel good. My schedule is fine when things don't go so well amd I need lots of time and energy to take care of myself. But now? 

I hope you'll all have a great day.

Ciao,
Irene


3 comments:

Maggie May said...

Hope today is going well for you.
It is a problem sometimes to come off addictive pills. I'm sure you'll cut down when the right time comes.

Today is sunny here and more pleasant looking. Hope you are getting good weather too.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Wisewebwoman said...

Just be careful, Irene, you need your support team for any reductions.
I'd hate to see you get in a fix with all of this.
You know what I'm talking about!
XO
WWW

Rob-bear said...

You know this already, Irene, but making changes in medication can be tricky. If you want to try life off your tranquilizers, that's great. You may have to give yourself a few weeks before you notice a significant change. And the change may be unhelpful at this time. Please be careful.

I keep wondering about reducing mine. While I have sleeping pills, I rarely take them as they leave me feeling drugged in the morning. So I stopped completely taking them a couple of weeks ago. I'm still not sure what change that is making in my life. I seem to sleep well without them. I want to take more time to evaluate what effect there might be.

I've been on this latest meds for my depression for about a year. I'm not sure what life would be like without these. One of my major concerns is the amount of physical pain I experience. I realize I would have a lot more physical pain if I were off my meds. Even when I'm on them, I'm feeling more pain these days. Meaning that I have to take more things. That's what keeps me from making change.

Blessings and Bear hugs.