Thursday, May 03, 2012

I'll not give it a thought...


The other day, when the Exfactor did the groceries for me, I forgot to have him buy the ground coffee and now I am almost out of it. Luckily, I still had some of the good brand of instant coffee left and I have been drinking that. It hasn't been as awful as you think. I make sure I get the water really hot before I spoon more than enough instant coffee in it and then add a generous amount of milk. 

This way I have an almost perfect cup of coffee and it doesn't taste bad at all. I don't make funny faces when I take the first sip and it doesn't make me shudder when I swallow it. I can actually say that I look forward to drinking it and that I sometimes even have a second cup, although the first cup usually suffices. I certainly make it strong enough and it carries a punch. 

I just had a cup and now I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed. I had to have some coffee because I was somewhat discombobulated by the unofficial nap that I took on top of the duvet but under the red fleece blanket in the company of the dog. Since it is a cold day, I had also turned on the heater so the apartment was nice and warm and consequently my nap lasted longer than I had intended. 

For a change, I'm very comfortable and not at all chilled. Even my hands are warm which doesn't happen very often. I think it must be because of my low blood pressure that they are always so cold, just like the tip of my nose. It usually feels like an ice cube but that is not a problem right now. 

I'm waiting for a package to arrive. In it will be my new and, hopefully, comfortable walking shoes. I hope they are everything I expect them to be because my feet really need them. I haven't had a pair of sensible shoes since I left the States and have always walked on shoes or boots that were meant to be pretty but not necessarily good to walk in. 

Now that I'm getting older, I'm becoming less vain and more concerned about my feet. And I do want to walk longer distances with the dog without getting sore feet and a backache. That much became clear to me when I had to take him to the trim salon. I can walk that distance but I do need good footwear. 

I'm completely trying to ignore my depression. I'm pretending that I don't have it and that everything is great. I think that's the best way to deal with it. That's one subject matter less to talk about. 

I hope you're all having a good day. 

Ciao,
Irene



4 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

comfortably shoes are very important to me, if my feet don't feel good, my whole body doesn't feel good. Hope they are what you hope for.

ArcticFox said...

oh you can't put a price on comfortable feet when you're out walking.... I ALWAYS have some good boots and some good walking shoes as well and then I can choose which to wear depending on the walk.... sometimes a lighter shoe saves some wear and tear on the legs but leaves you open to twisting an ankle on uneven ground where the boot really saves you..... plus.... I love the way a new pair of shoes makes you walk totally unnaturally for a while..... like right up on your toes and stuff.... very comical until you've worn them in!

Rob-bear said...

You mention a sore back from walking, Irene. Have you even had your leg lengths checked. There is a significant difference in the length of mine, and now I have orthotics in my shoes. Makes such a difference. If I walk around the apartment in my bare set (as in Bear feet), my back will start acting up quite quickly.

Hope the new shoes are at least as good as you make the instant coffee sound.

And isn't it great to have a dog to keep you warm!

Blessings and Bear hugs.

Maggie May said...

Without sensible, comfortable shoes, I wouldn't be able to walk at all.
I expect you know that walking helps depression? Hope you can manage to walk away the blues in your new shoes!
Hope you will feel much better very soon.
Maggie X

Nuts in May