Friday, April 18, 2014

Life in a nutshell

I am not a relaxed person nowadays and, unless I take a tranquilizer, I spend a lot of my time worrying in a totally senseless way. Because really, how often can you worry about the same thing and how much time and energy do you want to spend on it? I find it impossible to apply all the tricks that I know to stop worrying that normally work so well and that I advise other people to use. I think that was a brazen thing of me to do and not very compassionate because they may have been in the same boat I find myself in now.

I have been a bit of a smartass all along and thought I was so well informed that I could tell people how to deal with their problems. Now that I find myself in trouble, I realize it isn't all that easy as following the well meant advice that better or worse informed people give you. I suppose if anything, that is a big lesson I am learning.

 

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

You are very wise. I agree. I am dealing with another friend at the moment who is in far worse shape than I was a month or so ago and just recognizing that all our journeys are different and people don't need advice, just a willing and loving ear.

Stay safe dear friend.

XO
WWW

Cate Rose said...

Wish I had something cogent to add, but I hesitate to dump any advice on you. I will recommend a book, though, if you feel so inclined ~ When Things Fall Apart, by Pema Chodron. It's a Buddhist book, has been a bible of sorts for me when I was in periods of turmoil. The subtitle is Heart Advice for Difficult Times.
Be well, my friend. Have a peaceful weekend. xoxo